Friday, September 10, 2010

Shut up

There is a reason why silence was invented.
I think maybe it's because sometimes we are just better off not saying anything.
Say, if I want to order food for lunch, I better talk, but if I'm at a meeting thinking one of the clients' toupée is crooked...I'd better keep my mouth shut.

Truth be told, I always talk too much when I'm not supposed to.

Call it nerves...call it senseless word vomit.

Call it whatever you like, but there's nothing less productive than telling me "I don't wanna talk", or, "listen, then speak", or even better "I need silence".

That's nothing but an automatic road to my, "hey, but what's up?" "r u ok?" "is it sth I did?" "anything I can do to help?"

And then....a huge space rock (yeah, space rock) collides against the earth and breaks everything into a million tiny pieces that mix and match in all the incorrect ways, like a forced-to-fit puzzle that doesn't make sense and suddenly life is an upturned omelette.

Everything I thought I had figured out I haven't. Everything I thought I knew I don't. All the things I guessed, I guessed wrong. And now you think I meant something different when, actually, what you said was exactly what I meant.

I only chose my words wrong. Or my words' timing wrong.

I should carry a "word vomit baggy" around...just in case.

'Cause I'm tired of losing battles by my own mouth.

'Cause I want exactly what I said. And I can't have it now...and it pisses me off.

And I get cranky when I'm pissed off....and off go the words again.

So...maybe I should let you do the talking...whenever you decide you wanna do that.

I'll just listen, and shut the fuck up.

No comments: